Friday, February 18, 2011

1-18-11

Today is Friday.  The kids have been doing very well.  Eating and sleeping ok.  Abby woke up at 4:45 yesterday so she was tired and said she dozed off on the bus ride home.  when she got off the bus, she wa playing outside and had a bad pee accident and wet her pants fully.  I asked her why she doesn't know to stop what she's doing to use the potty.  She went to bed early last night, however, started with a cough last night and it kept her awake most of the night.  I rubbed vicks on her and gave her some cough syrup.  She is home today, off of school so she will rest.  If she is feeling well tomorrow, she'll go to dance class, hopefully.  Adam is doing well....still wants help with the simple tasks each day so I'm trying to get him to be indep more and more.  He wants help b/c he wants the attention.  I'm trying to give him the attention in the right ways.  I am still working on giving them choices, basically narrowing it down to two choices when they are being "stuck" or stubborn.  This gives them back the control without me saying "do it b/c I say so".  Adam wants help and attention so I'm trying to give him the constructive attention in the best ways I can.  The kids are going to go outside today like they did yesterday...ride bikes and get muddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment