Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tues 1-25-11

Sunday, the kids did well, church...IHOP...home.  Monday everyone got off to school ok.  It was a cold day so we dressed everyone warm.  Kids seem healthy.  Mom came over to help us b/c Sarah and I both had to leave early around 8:20 am.  She and I both had early appointments.  We got Linnea on the bus, Madelyn to school early for early drop off and then Mom took care of Abby and Adam b/w 9 and 9:30.   When the kids got home, Sarah took L and A to gymnastics and I stayed home w/ M and A.  I then got them in the car to meet her at McD's at 6:10 so I could get the girls and she goes on to class at Marist.  I brought the kids home and fed them, let them play in the tent and w/ the dogs and then to bed.  Adam was testy around midnight.  Crying.  He wanted something from me but i wasn't sure what...sounded like "dinosaur"  He's trying to communicate more but is stumped expressing his words.  He uses emotion w/ me a lot.  I have to be patient but it's hard in the middle of the night.  The whole house is asleep and he's whaling.  I took him downstairs so he didn't disrupt anyone, if he hadn't already, and he sat there crying on the couch while he watched me pick up toys.  I explained to him that the girls have school, I have work...etc.  he stopped crying.  I said, "OK, if you don't need to potty or want a sip of water, then it's back to bed...you cannot have a toy, if that's what you are crying about."  He finally stopped, and walked with me back up stairs and to bed.   During the day, we are giving him choices to make.  This gives him more control but also doesn't send us all over the place feeding into his wide range of needs and wants.   The kids did not get baths and will need a bath Tuesday night.  Abby did not get a chance to get a haircut w/ her busy schedule already this weekend.  Dance, b-day party, church, Ihop, freezing temps.  Also, we are trying to schedule a follow up appt for Abby's ear.  Maybe Thursday?  To be determined.  She does need a follow up w/ Dr. Schneider.

No comments:

Post a Comment